Penn @ Philly Tech Week: Penn Contributions to COVID Solutions
- Wednesday, September 23 from 1pm – 2pm
- Virtual event. Register here.
- Join PACT and the Penn Center for Innovation for this look at SARS-CoV-2 research and response at Penn and partner institutions.
- Hosted in partnership with Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT)
- Ping Wang, PhD, DABCC, FAACC, Associate Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Henry Daniell, Ph.D Vice-Chair and W.D. Miller Professor, Department of Basic & Translational Sciences, School of Dental Medicine
- Yale E. Goldman, MD, PhD Professor of Physiology; Biochemistry & Molecular Biophysics and Cell & Molecular Biology, Perelman School of Medicine
Penn @ Amplify Philly: Insider Insights from Women Founders in Tech
- Wednesday, September 23 from 3pm – 4pm
- As part of Amplify Philly @ Home. Register here
- Starting and scaling a business is hard. Being a female founder in tech is even harder. It takes an entrepreneurial spirit who is willing to take risks, be vulnerable, and iterate to build a startup. Doing this in a male-dominated industry can present challenges but, overall, the opportunities and rewards of building something from the ground up is certainly worth it for those with the gumption. Hear from a line up of some of the leading women in tech supported by the University of Pennsylvania via the Penn Center of Innovation and the Pennovation Center. They’ll share their stories and insights on how they got to where they are and what they envision for the future.
- Jessie Garcia, CEO & Founder of Tozuda
- Adriana Vazquez, CEO & Founder of Lilu
- Peggy Robinson, CEO of Caza Health
- Laurie Actman, Chief Marketing, Communications, and Programs Officer at the Penn Center for Innovation. Moderator
Pennovation at the Introduced Conference
- September 25. Register here.
- Introduced by Technical.ly is a one day virtual conference introducing you to the ideas, people and opportunities that build better companies.
- Anish Kumar of the Pennovation Center will be a part of the 9am – 9:45am session “Universities as Economic Drivers”
PCI – Penn Medicine Speaker Series
The Fall 2020 Speaker Series is a free educational event hosted by the Penn Center for Innovation and Penn Medicine. Each month, on the second Thursday, a different speaker will discuss commercialization topics focused on life sciences in these uncertain times. Please register for each session individually.
December 10: Leveraging JPOD Resources at the Pennovation Center for your Commercialization Goals
Stephen W. Pitt, Ph.D., Head of JLABS @ US North East (NYC, Boston, & Philadelphia)
Download the flyer
Watch Our Past Webinars:
SBIR/STTR Resources to Bring Your Technology to Market. Recorded August 4, 2020
Pennovation Works: Opportunities for Researchers and Startups. Recorded June 25, 2020
Turn Your Engineering Idea into a Startup. Recorded May 28, 2020
Company Creation at the University of Pennsylvania. Recorded April 16, 2020
Check out the Pennovation Center’s Event calendar here: Pennovation Calendar
Our Annual Celebration of Innovation Recap:
Every Wednesday @ The Pennovation Center: Drop-in office hours with PCI Ventures at the Pennovation Center (suite 229) from 9:00-12:00
You can also sign up for our Newsletter to stay in-the-know about upcoming events.