Each year, the University of Pennsylvania innovation community gathers together to celebrate the achievements of faculty and researchers. On December 2, 2020, we continued the tradition, virtually, and honored the more than 80 patent recipients from FY20.
Jonathan A. Epstein, M.D., Executive Vice Dean and Chief Scientific Officer, Perelman School of Medicine, served as the keynote speaker. He discussed the latest innovations emerging from Penn Medicine, particularly in support of the effort to fight COVID-19 and boost public health initiatives.
Along with recognizing the patent recipients, PCI gave special awards for:
- Deal of the Year – Exyn Technologies
- Newcomer of the Year – Dr. Michel Koo
- Startup of the Year – Cabaletta Bio
- Inventor of the Year – Dr. Saar Gill
- Paul Sehnert Memorial Partner of the Year – Pennovation Works
Watch the Celebration of Innovation: