Applications are open now!
Free transactional intellectual property counsel at Penn Carey Law! We are now accepting clients for the new semester of the Clinic.
What is a clinic? A “teaching law-firm” where Penn Carey Law students represent without charge under the supervision of faculty-practitioners.
What work can we do?
- Audit technology, innovation or artistic creation for IP issues;
- Help clients create and implement an IP protection strategy;
- Counsel over privacy and data protection concerns;
- Reduce risk of IP infringement through strategic IP planning;
- Negotiate licenses and other deal documents;
- Draft privacy policies, NDAs and other agreements;
- Analyze fair use of copyrighted content;
- Execute preliminary prior art and freedom to operate searches;
- Aid in patent prosecution;
- Advise on trademark strategy and search potential marks;
- Register for federal copyright protection;
- Prosecute federal trademark applications.
Who is a potential client? Inventors, scientists, entrepreneurs, artists, nonprofits… any individual or entity with IP needs.
Potential clients may apply to the Clinic by submitting an online application at www.pennipc.com. Client selection will occur in early January 2021.