The Innovation Accelerator Program supports faculty and staff from across Penn Medicine in their efforts to develop, test, and implement new approaches to improve health care delivery and patient outcomes. Working closely with innovation advisors, teams selected to participate in the program move through multiple phases of work to validate solutions and bring successful innovations to scale at Penn Medicine and beyond. We are currently accepting applications for our next class.
Phase one supports include:
- Training: Teams attend a series of workshops to learn high-impact methods for rapidly validating solutions
- Mentorship: Innovation advisors dedicate 40 percent of their time to the project
- Funding: Teams have access to up to $10,000 to test and develop their concepts, with additional funding available based on evidence generated by initial efforts
- Recognition and additional support: At the end of phase one, teams present to health system leadership for the opportunity to receive additional investment
They seek applicants who believe their ideas can make a meaningful impact in one or more of the areas listed below.
- Achieving better health outcomes
- Redesigning care for higher value: Changing who, where, and how care is delivered
- Increasing health equity: Reducing inequity for historically marginalized populations and combating forces that create inequities
- Improving clinician and care team experience: Eliminating unnecessary burdens, returning time to staff, and improving work-life balance
- Enhancing patient experience: Simplifying and personalizing services and designing for delight
- Optimizing patient engagement with non-traditional data sources and technology: Leveraging novel data sources such as social media and wearables
Individuals and teams interested in applying to the Innovation Accelerator or Health-Tech Design and Development programs are invited to attend a virtual information session on Friday, February 12, from 12:00 – 1:00 PM. Register to attend.